04 September 2009

Happy 185th Birthday Prof. Anton Bruckner

Today is the 185th birthday of Prof. Anton Bruckner.

His music has meant so much to me. It has brought so much valuable memories, like travelling alone to Edinburgh to attend Gunter Wand's Bruckner 7th with NDR SO in 1999, then the 8th the following year, and with my beloved wife to Tokyo for Wand's last visit to Japan in November 2000 (Bruckner 9th and Schubert "Unfinished"), then again to Osaka in 2001 for Asahina's Osaka PO Bruckner 8th.

The interview with Georg Tintner was like a pilgrimage, and it lives in my memory forever.

My Bruckner CD collections have grown in such numbers as occupying a whole cabinet.

Bruckner's music has become a part of my life.

2 comments:

  1. i forget how did i find this blog via website of HK,but it's nice to find a particular site about bruckner. my english is quite bad,can i discuss with you in chinese?

    eaquson from taiwan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words.
    Of course you're welcome to write the comments in Chinese. I'm sorry that I'm too dumb to be able to type Chinese. Typing English is much easier and faster for me.

    ReplyDelete