02 January 2011

New Year resolution for this blog

This is the time of the year to make summaries and resolutions. In fact I've had a number of blog drafts to be published in the pipeline, but never had time to finish them. So now I list my planned entries, including those I expressed a wish to elaborate in the past:

1) My Furtwangler collection,
2) Keilberth's Bruckner recordings, in particular the 6th,
3) Bruckner recordings with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra,
4) Bruckner recordings with the Concertgebouw Orchestra,
5) Bruckner recordings with the Gewandhaus Orchestra,
6) Recent releases: Blomstedt's and Haitink's Bruckner 5th, Maazel's Bruckner recordings,
7) Continue with more frequency the "Enlivening path" series,
8) More when they come to mind.

Once again, wish you all a healthy and happy 2011.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you. I'll try my best.
    Horace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Horace:

    may i add two? haha.

    i want to know your opinion about Janowski's new 8th, his set,along with Herreweghe's ,are two sets that i would like to buy one by one.

    another one is Barenboim's new 4th. the orchestra (Skb) is not always play so well(good enough for me),but i like his recent performances.

    by the way,two sets are about to finish,but i'm quite disappointed at them: Bosch and Cambreling. i only listened to one of them,respectively .(the 3rd of Cambreling and the 6th of Bosch) i like the sound of the Aachen symphony orchestra ,however.

    i wish you a very good 2011 year! eaquson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear eaquson,

    Of course. Sorry for the delay in reply as I haven't accessed my blog for quite some time. Your suggestions are always welcome.

    The Barenboim's new B4 and Janowski's new B8 are the ones I'd very much like to have, but I haven't got them at this moment.

    January is a very busy month for me.

    Best regards,

    Horace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Horace, I shall look forward to reading your ruminations on Keilberth's Bruckner.

    Karafan

    ReplyDelete