19 October 2007

My favourite composer

Anton Bruckner is my favourite composer.

Getting to know him or his music is a steep learning curve. His life has long been tarnished by people's stereotyped perception, both contemporarily or posthumously, and it takes time to find out the 'truth' about it.

His music has so many versions and editions, which can be confusing.

There have been thousands of recording of his music. I'm a collector of his recordings, and although I have in my collection more than a thousand CDs of his music, I can only call myself a small-scale collector. The one big known collector is John F Berky (www.abruckner.com).

If you're a follower of the late Sergiu Celibidache, you know the importance of live music rather than recorded music. I'm lucky enough to have attended quite a few great Brucknerians' concerts, like Gunter Wand, Takashi Asahina.

As this is my first post, I'll keep it short, and reserve my views on many facets of Bruckner's music to later posts.

3 comments:

  1. 你的概念和我差不多, 我也是想和大家分享我所擁有或聽過的Bruckner, 不過坦白說寫BLOG只可說是用來儲存自己心得, 免忘記及有可他日之用, 和朋友交流真不多, 大多是看多寫少. 不過我希望能夠禮尚往來, 否則我也不在此回POST, 唔係我寸, 只是這是自己最低要求, 其實也不是過份吧 ?

    而這blog是的友人Mary Wang介紹的^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. 你的概念和我差不多, 我也是想和大家分享我所擁有或聽過的Bruckner, 不過坦白說寫BLOG只可說是用來儲存自己心得, 免忘記及有可他日之用, 和朋友交流真不多, 大多是看多寫少. 不過我希望能夠禮尚往來, 否則我也不在此回POST, 唔係我寸, 只是這是自己最低要求, 其實也不是過份吧 ?

    而這blog是的友人Mary Wang介紹的^^
    http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!pksQe4iaFRmMt3h0tXBflqLlXg--
    斯人

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have no yahoo email account, I can't post any comments on your blog.
    Thanks for visiting.
    Horace

    ReplyDelete